So yesterday Brandon and Matthew decided to tie rubber bands together and send GI Joe off the edge of my porch to see if he could bungee jump and come back in one piece. When he came back up with all his limbs and seemed to be ok the boys ( Brandon & Matt) decided that it would be fun to send one of them off the porch too. So they sat down and put together a huge rubber band chain. When I peeked out the window to see what was going on because usually the peace and quiet means huge trouble at my house, Matt had the end of the chain wrapped around his waist and the other end wrapped around Brandon and Matt was ready to jump off the porch. Luckily I caught them just before he actually jumped! When I asked what they were doing they said that they were going to jump off and that it was ok because GI Joe had done it and he was ok. The logic from a little boy is amazing. Well I took the chain away and threw it away and the boys are safe. Later that day as I was pondering what had gone on I realized that the boys are really smart, and I am really proud. While the stunt was very dangerous and I would not let them actually jump, they had really thought about it. They looked around and thought that it would be fun to do so they thought of a way and then tested the idea on something else first. When that worked they decided to do it themselves. Since the thinking and brilliance of a child only goes so far, that is why we have moms to help us realize the missing links to our brilliant ideas!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Bungee Jumping
Posted by McKenna at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
Oh my goodness! As soon as I saw the title.. I thought to myself.. OH NO! But, I am impressed with the GI Joe testing!
LOL!!! Aren't boy's fun? I swear, little girls don't think of those things. Well I guess I can't say that. When I was younger, I remember piling blankets under the upstairs window, and jumping out. Until the onld grumpy neighbor yelled at us.
Oh my gosh! What goes through little boys heads? A Mom may never know! My boys do some really crazy things too. What one doesn't think of, the other will. ~Cindy L.
Post a Comment